Are you planning a weekend dinner party, picnic or just gathering with you friends? Do you want to impress them with something very simple, healthy and very cool? Rice rolls with almond butter dip is my answer.
- 10 sheets rice paper (available for example here)
- mix of vegetables such as carrot, cucumber, capsicum (thinly sliced), lettuce and or avocado
- any choice of meat, fish, seafood, tofu, mushrooms or just vegetarian
- bunch of coriander, parsley or mint
Following the manufacturer direction, dip one sheet of rice paper into warm water to soften. Remove and transfer gently onto a plastic board. Place salad leaf, sliced vegetables, chicken or fish along the middle of the rice paper. Fold in at the bottom and roll up. Repeat the process with remaining rice paper.
Almond butter dip
- 2 tbsp almond butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soya sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp honey
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and use as a dipping sauce for rice rolls or as salad dressing. Feel free to spice it up with some fresh chilli.
Enjoy and let me know how did you enjoy it both making and eating!
Tags: gluten-free, rice rolls, vegetarian