Yes, made it again! This is the best gluten/dairy free bread recipe ever. Ideal for picnic or as a accompaniment to your weekend lunch.
I just added some herbs and olives to give it an “Italian” twist. Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices such as caraway seed, sun-dried tomatoes, chilli or thyme…
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 3/4 cup arrowroot powder (available in most supermarkets – baking section)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (available in most supermarkets)
- 1/2 tsp sea or Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup green or black pitted olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of variety of seeds/nuts such as walnuts, pumpkin or sunflower
In a bowl combine the ground almonds, flaxseeds, arrowroot, soda and salt.
In another bowl or blender blend eggs until frothy, add vinegar and honey.
Mix dry ingredients in to the egg mixture, add nuts, seeds, olives and rosemary.
Spoon the batter into a greased loaf tin.
Bake at 180C for about 30 minutes or until done.
Have all a great Sunday!
Original recipe from http://elanaspantry.com
Tags: gluten and dairy free bread